Time management is one of those skills that evolves from a lifelong process of trial and error. Chances are, you’re still figuring it out. But by the time you hit 30, you should be ready to focus on other, bigger priorities. Read to learn more.
1. STAY ON TRACK
- Schedule your day before it unfolds.
2. BACK TO BASICS
- Invest in a planner to help juggle priorities.
3. COMPLETE HARD TASKS FIRST
- It’s best to get them out of the way.
4. MINIMIZE DISTRACTION
- Schedule specific times to check email.
5. MANAGE YOUR INBOX
- Create labels and a filing system.
6. PRACTICE SELF-CONTROL
- Avoid checking social media to procrastinate.
7. WASTE NO OPPORTUNITY
- Use downtime as a way to catch up on other things.
8. SET YOUR OWN DEADLINES
- Schedule out the phases of a project, and stick to them.
9. CUT YOURSELF OFF
- Setting a time constraint will keep you focused.
10. PRIORITIZE YOUR FREE TIME
- List activities that are important to you, so you can dedicate time to them.
11. CATCH YOUR ZZZ’S…
- Meaning 7 or 8 hours every night.
12. RISE EARLY
- Yep, we’re firm believers that the early bird gets the worm.
13. USE A CALENDAR
- Today’s calendars sync with your phone, so it’s always with you on the go..
14. PLAN FOR THE UNPLANNED
- Plan for some downtime for yourself. You’ll thank us later.
15. ASK FOR HELP
- Avoid stress and burnout from putting too much on your plate.